He Has Done All Things Well
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Mark 7:31–7:37
The Gospel of Mark gives us an incredible promise of what awaits those who trust in Jesus. Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we look at the promise of the new Creation in Mark 7.
Sermon Discussion Questions
- Share a time when you were amazed, either good or bad. How did you respond to that amazement? Did you share your amazement with anyone?
- What is one highlight from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- Read Mark 5:19–20; 7:31–32. How are these two passages connected? How does the Gerasene demoniac inspire or challenge you?
- Read Mark 7:32; Isaiah 35:5–6. How are these verses connected? What is the significance of the word Mark uses for “speech impediment”? What is Mark trying to communicate about Jesus?
- Read 2 Corinthians 4:16–18. What does it mean Jesus brings the “new creation”? What are some ways that you suffer or face hardship in this current creation? Why is the promise of a “new creation” a source of hope? How does it encourage you?
- Read Mark 7:33–35. How is Jesus’s compassion for this man on display in these verses? Contrast Jesus’s compassion and value for this man with our culture’s view of those with disabilities. Are you more like Jesus or our culture?
- Read Hebrews 4:14–16. Mark 7:31-37 show us that Jesus meets us in our weakness. What are some ways that Jesus has met you in your own weakness? How does the compassion of Jesus give us confidence before God?