Who Can Stand in the Coming Judgment?
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Romans 2:1–2:16
What is judgment? Who will be judged? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we look at this important topic from Romans 2:1–16.
Sermon Discussion Questions
- Why is the topic of Hell “off-limits” in our culture today?
- What are some common “pop culture” views of Hell? How are these wrong?
- What is one thing highlight from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- Our sermon listed three reasons why this series is so important for us today. To which of these three can you most relate?
- Read Romans 1:18–32. Here Paul lists 3 “exchanges” that humanity has made that bring the wrath of God. What are they? How have you seen these in your own life?
- Read Romans 2:4–5. What are some ways that we can have a tendency to “presume” upon God’s kindness and patience and mercy? What does Paul say that these attributes of God are meant to lead to?
- Read Romans 2:12–16. What do the judgments of God ultimately lead to? Who does this text say can stand in the coming judgment?
- Read Romans 3:21–26. How does God prove himself both just and loving at the cross How does the cross lead us to worship?
- How does the message of God’s judgment and grace at the cross lead to changed lives?