August 13, 2023 Series: Broken Vessels
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Philippians 3:4–14
What can we learn from the life of Paul? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we consider the answer from Philippians 3.
- What ways has God uniquely equipped and placed you for doing His work (eg. Paul being a Pharisee and also a Roman citizen)?
- What is one takeaway from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- Read Galatians 1:13-14. Are there any good things in your life that command a zeal that outpaces your love or a that is misdirected? How can God redeem that zeal to be wholly good and righteous?
- Read 1 Corinthians 5:9-13. Is it easier for you to focus on the sins in the culture around us, or the sins in the Church? Which do you spend more time discussing and judging?
- Read Philippians 3:8-14. What is our motivation to continually strive for perfection?
- Read Ephesians 4:1-6. Do you feel a greater kinship with an unbeliever who is outwardly similar to you, or a with a fellow believer who is very different?
- Read 2 Timothy 4:6-8. Have you “loved his appearing” (looking forward to the second coming of Jesus)? What does this look like on a day to day basis?
- How can the life of Paul challenge and transform you this week?