Take Up and Read 2021
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Psalm 19:7–11, Ezra 7:10
How might a commitment to reading the Bible change you this year? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we consider David's words on the value of Scripture from Psalm 19.
For more information about Take Up and Read, please click here.
Sermon Discussion Questions
- What are your Bible reading habits? Have you read through the Bible before? What time of day works best for you in Bible reading? What format (paper, phone, tablet, audio, etc.) do you use?
- What is one highlight from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- Read Psalm 19:1–6. What are some ways that Creation declares the glory of God to you?
- Read Ezra 7:10. Why is it important to not just study the Word of God but to do it? What are some habits that you have established that help to not just study the Word of God but to do it?
- Read Psalm 19:7–9. These verses list 6 benefits of studying the Word of God. Which one sticks out to you? How have you experienced the benefit of studying the Bible before?
- Read Psalm 1. Describe the Bible’s contrast between those who dwell in the Word of God vs. those who dwell in the company of the wicked.
- Read Psalm 19:10. Be honest with yourself and your group. Do you value God’s Word in the same way as David in this verse? What are some ways to align your heart with David’s?
- What is your plan for Bible reading this year? What are some ways that you can encourage one another in reading God’s Word?