The Triune Giver
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Ephesians 1:3–1:14
Is your Christmas too small? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we explore the incredible plan of God in redemption from Ephesians 1.
Sermon Discussion Questions
- What are some ways that you are tempted to settle for a “small Christmas”?
- What is one highlight from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- Read Ephesians 1:7–10. What do these verses tell us about what the book of Ephesians is about? How do they paint a cosmic picture of Christmas?
- Read Ephesians 1:10. How long has God planned on Christmas? What thoughts and actions does this truth inspire?
- Read Ephesians 1:4–6; Romans 8:15–17. In what ways is adoption a perfect picture of the gospel?
- Read Ephesians 1:4–5; Deuteronomy 7:6–8. Why does God choose his people? What does it mean that God “chooses” people? Have you ever struggled with the topic of “predestination”?
- Read Ephesians 1:7–12. What is redemption? What is specifically in view when the Bible talks about redemption?
- What do you think Paul means when he refers to the redemption of all of Creation in Ephesians 1:10?
- Read Ephesians 1:13–14. In your own words, explain the role of the Spirit according to these verses.
- 10.What do you make of the repeated refrain “to the praise of his glory” in this passage? What would it look like for you to live with this commitment this Christmas season?
- 11.After your discussion, take some time to discuss ways you can make sure you have a “cosmic Christmas” mindset this year.