Responding to the King's Kindness
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: 2 Samuel 10:1–19, Psalm 2:1–12
How should we respond to the Lord's kindness in the gospel? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we consider the answer from 2 Samuel 10.
- What is one takeaway from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- Read Psalm 2:1–3. What is the heart posture of these verses? How do you see this same heart posture in your own life?
- Read Acts 4:23–30. How do the apostles take comfort in the rejection of King Jesus for their own rejection? How does this give us confidence and courage when we face opposition?
- Read Psalm 2:4–12. What is God’s perspective on those who are against him (4–9)? What is the warning of this passage (10–12)?
- Read 1 Samuel 11:1–2; 2 Samuel 10:1–2. What makes David’s “kindness” so surprising? Take some time to marvel at the surprising kindness of the Lord Jesus in the gospel.
- Read 2 Samuel 10:12. Consider this definition of faith based off Joab’s words: “Faith is knowing that the Lord is good, and that he does what is good.” How does this definition help in difficult or challenging circumstances?
- How is God calling you to respond to his kindness this week?