Do I Live a Life of Worship?
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Romans 12:1, Deuteronomy 6:4–9
What does it look like to be spiritually healthy? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we consider the second of six questions on spiritual health: do I live a life of worship?
- What is one takeaway from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- Read Matthew 6:19–21. How do Jesus’s words here help reveal what we worship? Take some time as a group to discuss what your finances, imagination, and uncontrollable emotions reveal about what you worship.
- Why is corporate worship important in the local church? When you gather with the church for worship, is it easy or hard for you to actually worship?
- Read Psalm 1:1–2; Daniel 6:10; Luke 5:16; Psalm 78:4–6. What are the spiritual disciplines mentioned here? Which do you practice? Which do you need to begin practicing? What do these look like, practically, in your everyday life?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:4–9. How can you make the worship of God central to all that you do as an individual and family?
- Read 1 Thessalonians 4:1–3. What does it mean “to walk and to please God”? How is growing in holiness a form of worship?
- Skim 2 Corinthians 8–9. Are you more like the Macedonian churches (worshiping God through giving sacrificially) or the church in Corinth (rarely giving and only begrudgingly)? What are some ways that you can worship God more fully with your money?
- Read Colossians 3:22–24. Do you view your work as worship? What are some ways you can begin to do so this week?
- Which area of worship do you need to grow in this week?