A God Worthy of Thanksgiving
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Psalm 100:1–5
We have much to be thankful for! What does thanksgiving look like in the Christian life? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we consider the answer from Psalm 100.
- Take a few moments to consider your last 48 hours. How thankful were you? Based off this small snapshot of your life, are you a thankful person?
- What is one takeaway from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- Read Psalm 100. Why is it important thank thanksgiving be done corporately, not just individually? What are some ways that we can express our thanksgiving to God with others?
- This Psalm lists seven commands for giving thanks. What are they? Which ones surprise you? Do any come naturally for you?
- Read Psalm 100:3. In what ways is seeking to know God an act of thanksgiving? What are some ways that you seek to know him?
- Read Psalm 100:5. When you express thanksgiving to God, is it primarily for who he is or what he has done? What does this verse reveal to us?
- Read Exodus 34:5–6. Which attributes of God here stand out to you? Take some time as a group to thank God for who he is.
- Take some time as a group to share stories of how you have seen God at work in your life or the lives of others. Alternatively, take turns sharing your testimony with your group to celebrate God’s saving and transformative work in your life.