Is This the Chosen King?
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: 1 Samuel 11:1–15
Do you ever feel ill-equipped for the task that God has entrusted to you? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we consider how God equips imperfect people to accomplish his purposes.
- Read Matthew 28:18–20. What is the task God has called us to? Do you feel ill-equipped for this mission? In what way does the presence of Jesus through the Holy Spirit equip us for this mission?
- What is one highlight from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- Read 1 Samuel 11; Deuteronomy 17:14–20. Is Saul living out God’s expectations for his king? What are some ways that Saul points us to Jesus?
- Read 1 Samuel 11:13; 2:9. How do Saul’s words here point us back to Hannah’s prayer about God’s deliverance in chapter 2? In what way is verse 13 “Saul’s finest hour”?
- Read John 15:8. What might it look like for you to “bear much fruit” this coming week?
- Read Luke 10:25–37. What does it look like to be a church filled with people who are “the best neighbors our neighbors ever had”? What are some ways that you can intentionally “neighbor”
- Take some time as a group to share stories of how you have seen God at work in your life or the lives of others. Alternatively, take turns sharing your testimony with your group to celebrate God’s saving and transformative work in your life.