Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Jude 1:11–13
What is the danger of a distorted gospel in the church? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we consider the answer from Juded 11–13.
Sermon Discussion Questions
- What are some common “distortions” of the gospel that you have encountered? Why are these distortions sometimes appealing?
- What is one highlight from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- Why must we be on guard against the temptation to distort the gospel in word or deed?
- Read Genesis 4:1–9. How does Cain respond to hearing God’s Word? What can we learn about temptations facing us?
- Read Numbers 25:1–3; 31:16. After failing to curse Israel, what does Balaam do? What are his motives? What can we learn about the war in our hearts between our desires and obedience?
- Read Numbers 16. What are Korah’s motives? What can we learn about our aversion to authority from the story of Korah?
- Which of these six illustrations stands out to you? What do they reveal to us about the empty promises of a distorted gospel?
- This Time Tomorrow: How does this passage transform your thoughts, actions, or interactions at this time tomorrow?