Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: 2 Timothy 2:8–2:13
Does the Bible give us any guidance on how to faithfully endure in life and ministry? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we consider the answer from 2 Timothy.
Sermon Discussion Questions
- Why is remembering the gospel essential for endurance in the faith?
- What is one highlight from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- Read Psalm 78:1, 3–8, 10–11, 41–42. What happens to Israel when they forget how God has been at work in their past? What is the application for us today?
- Read 2 Timothy 2:9–10; Phil. 1:12–14; Acts 28:30–31. What are some ways that God uses Paul’s suffering to advance the gospel? How might he use your suffering to advance the gospel in your life and the lives of those around you?
- Read 2 Timothy 2:11–13. What are the four promises Paul brings to mind? Which is most memorable to you?
- Read 2 Timothy 2:13. What is the reason we can be sure that God will keep his promises? What does this tell us about Jesus?
- What are some ways that you can be intentional in bringing the gospel to mind regularly this week?