Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: 2 Timothy 2:1–7
How might we endure through hardship by the power of the gospel? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we consider the answer from 2 Timothy.
Sermon Discussion Questions
- Did you watch the Super Bowl this Sunday? In what ways does the discipline of athletes help us to understand the call of discipline in our faith?
- What is one highlight from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- What does it mean to “faithfully endure”?
- Read 2 Timothy 2:1. What is the key to finding “strength” to faithfully endure? What have you found helpful in pursuing endurance?
- Read 2 Timothy 2:2. Why is discipling others important? Are you discipling others? What might God be calling you to do to live out this charge?
- Read 2 Timothy 2:3–6. What illustrations does Paul give us for faithful endurance? Which of these sticks out to you most? Which leaves you with questions?
- What does Paul have in mind when he mentions “civilian pursuits” in verse 4? Is this irreconcilable with a desire to be in the community for the sake of sharing the gospel? If not, what is the difference?
- What is a “wartime mentality”? How is different than a peacetime mentality? How should a wartime mentality shape our understanding of our calling?
- What motivations does Paul give for faithful endurance in verses 4–6? Which of these sticks out to you most?
- What might obedience look like for you this week?