The Rejected King
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Mark 15:1–20
Our series in Mark marches ever onward toward the cross. Join us at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we consider Mark 15 and the rejection of Jesus.
Sermon Discussion Questions
- Why is indifference towards Jesus just as deadly as rejecting Jesus?
- What is one highlight from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- What is irony? How does Mark use irony in this passage to communicate deep truth about Jesus and the gospel?
- Read Mark 15:1–15. How should the story of Pilate and Jesus serve as a warning for us?
- Read Mark 15:15–20. Why does Mark spend so little discussing the physical torture of Jesus? What does he emphasize instead?
- Read Mark 15:6–15. What is the irony of Jesus and Barabbas?
- Read Mark 15:16–20. What is the irony of Jesus and the soldiers?
- What are some common ways that Christians today will be indifferent toward Jesus and the demands of discipleship?
- What are some areas of your life where you find yourself indifferent to the rule and reign of Jesus? What would it look like to surrender these areas to him this week?