When Flesh and Heart Fail
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Psalm 73:1–28
How do we navigate such a hard and difficult time of uncertainty? How do we keep the faith when we feel that life is totally unfair? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we explore answers from Psalm 73.
Sermon Discussion Questions
- How are you feeling in this uncertain time right now? What most concerns you about our uncertain future?
- What is one highlight from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- Read Matthew 6:25-34. How do these verses change the way you feel about the days ahead?
- Read Psalm 73:3–15, 21–22. Where does bitterness come from? In what ways are you tempted to bitterness in this season?
- Imagine a friend is struggling with bitterness and worry in this season. How would you comfort them?
- Read Psalm 73:16–17a. What is the key to overcoming bitterness, anxiety, and fear?
- Read Isaiah 26:3, 1 Peter 5:7, Philippians 4:6-7. What do these verses tell us we must do in the days ahead to avoid being overwhelmed?
- Read Proverbs 12:25. What does this verse tell us we should do with our family and friends to avoid the spread of unnecessary anxiety?
- Read Psalm 73:25–26. Can you echo the words of the psalmist? If not, what are some ways to develop this type of heart attitude?