David’s Son and David’s Lord
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Mark 12:35–12:37
Who is Jesus? What does that mean for us today? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we continue looking at the Gospel of Mark.
Sermon Discussion Questions
- In our age of fear and anxiety, how can the church effectively love our neighbors right now? How might this be an opportunity to the gospel, not a hindrance to it?
- What is one highlight from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- Read Mark 12:35; 8:27–33. What was the “typical” Jewish understanding of the Messiah? How is this notably different than what the Messiah has come to do?
- Read Mark 12:36. What is Jesus’s view on how the Bible was written? Is this different than your understanding of how the Bible was written?
- Read Mark 12:36–37; Psalm 110:1. Explain Jesus’s argument here. Who are the three people in view? What are the implications of Psalm 110?
- Read Mark 12:37. What was the response of the crowds to Jesus’s teaching? Why is this inadequate?
- Read James 2:19. What does James mean by “belief” in this passage? Why is this type of simple “belief” inadequate?
- Read Mark 12:29–30; 1:15. What is the necessary response to Jesus’s identity?
- How will you respond to this passage this week?