Parables on the Kingdom
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Mark 4:21–4:34
How does the kingdom grow? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we continue our journey through the Gospel of Mark.
Sermon Discussion Questions
- Have you ever gardened? Share about your experience with growing plants. What does that experience teach you about the kingdom of God?
- What is one highlight from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- Read Mark 4:10–12, 33–34. What do these verses tell us about the purpose of parables? How do they tie into today’s passage?
- Read Mark 4:24–25. Consider how you have responded to the message of the gospel over the last few months. Have you responded in obedience or defiance? What do these verses tell us about the trajectory of your life?
- Read Mark 4:26–29; Luke 10:2. What is our role in the growth of God’s kingdom. How does this understanding of our role give us rest?
- Read Mark 4:30–32; Acts 2:41; 2:47; 5:41; 11:24. Spend some time surveying the flow of Acts. How does Acts prove Jesus’s parable of the mustard seed?
- Read Ezekiel 17:22–24; 1 Corinthians 1:26–31. Why does Jesus use the image of a mustard plant rather than a cedar tree?
- What would it look like for you to have a soft heart in response to God’s Word this week? What would it look like to be a disciple of Jesus this week?