Behold the Son of God
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Mark 1:9–1:11
Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we look at the identity and mission of Jesus as revealed in his baptism.
Sermon Discussion Questions
- How have you seen “God on the move” in your life and in the lives around you?
- What is one thing highlight from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- What is your greatest felt need on a daily basis? More money? To get in shape? More sleep? What would it look like to feel your need for salvation from sin daily?
- Read Mark 1:10; Isaiah 64:1–12. What does Isaiah pray for? How is Jesus the answer to Isaiah’s prayer?
- Why is it important for us to understand the Exodus when reading Mark 1:9–11?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:17–18, 21. What does it mean to be a new Creation? How do our daily felt needs (question # 3) point to the promise of a new Creation?
- Read Mark 1:11; Psalm 2:7; Isaiah 42:1–4. Who is Jesus, according to Mark’s account of his baptism? What does this mean for us as his disciples?
- If Jesus was sinless, why was he baptized?
- Read Mark 1:9–11. What are some ways that Jesus’s baptism foreshadows his crucifixion?
- Read Titus 2:11–14. How can we respond to the deliverance offered to us by Jesus?
- What would it mean for you to “behold the Son of God” this week?