The Key to Genuine Fellowship in the Local Church
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Philippians 1:3–1:11
Join us at CrossWinds Church as we explore Paul's words to the church and Philippi and commit ourselves to be a church of true gospel fellowship.
- Are you an introvert or extrovert? (Note: by choosing to answer this question or not, you are answering!) Do you find conversations with other people at church gatherings easy or difficult?
- What is one thing highlight from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- Read Philippians 1:3–4, 8. What brings you joy? How can you cultivate joy like the apostle Paul had for the Philippian church?
- Read Philippians 1:5, 7. What comes to mind when you hear the word “fellowship”? In what ways is this similar or different from what the New Testament means?
- Read Philippians 1:9–11. In what ways are your prayers for yourself and others similar and different than Paul’s prayer here? What is one commitment you can make in your prayer life to pray more like Paul?
- Read Philippians 1:9. What would it look like for you to abound in love more and more?
- Consider your church background. Have you ever experienced “genuine fellowship,” according to this passage? What can we learn (both good and bad) from those experiences?
- What is one tangible thing that you can do to cultivate deep relationships this week at CrossWinds?