The Mind that Dwells on Christ
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Colossians 3:1–3:4
Have you ever found yourself floundering in spiritual growth, not sure how to move forward? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds in Spencer as we look at a few simple verses that can change the trajectory of your life.
Sermon Discussion Questions
- Read Romans 6:1–11. What do these verses tell us about our “union with Christ”?
- Divide up Colossians 1–2 and take a few moments to study the different passages that we have covered so far. Why is it so important that Paul lays this foundation of who Christ is before getting to tangible application here in Colossians 3?
- Read Colossians 3:1–2. What does Paul mean when he says “the things above” and “the things of earth”? How does this differ from what we can often think of when we read these verses?
- How does a focus on the reign of Christ influence our interactions “here and now”?
- Read Colossians 3:3. What does it mean to have your life “hid” with Christ”? How might that provide hope today?
- Read Colossians 3:4. How does your union with Christ influence your outlook on the future?
- What are some ways that you can be intentional this week in setting your mind on “the things above”?