As our nation and globe continue to respond to the COVID-19 (coronavirus outbreak), see an ongoing update for CrossWinds’ plan for ministry below. Now more than ever, our community and world need to be reminded of the hope of the gospel and we remain committed to living out that gospel hope each day.
We are resuming in-person services at CrossWinds Spencer facility starting October 4 at 10:30 a.m.
Don't feel comfortable joining us in-person? Watch us Sunday mornings online.
Have you been affected by COVID-19? Please fill out our form here.
Please also consider ways that you can show care and love for others in our church community. Check-in via phone/text with others in our congregation to intentionally facilitate community in this time of forced separation.
CrossWinds COVID - 19 Guidelines for In-Person Gatherings
- All staff are recommended to wear a mask, face shield, or face covering when in a confined area and not able to social distance.
- Face masks, face shields, or face coverings are recommended for all other attendees of activities or meetings.
- All commonly touched objects and surfaces should be disinfected after use (i.e. tables, chairs, toys, etc.)
- Screening procedures should be shared with attendees prior to an event or done as attendees enter. These should include temperature checks and symptom checks. (Can be done by attendee beforehand)
- Every effort will be made to take attendance so attendees can be informed of any possible exposure.
- Events and meetings should be held outside or in large open spaces with attendees appropriately spaced whenever possible
- Quarantine or stoppage of events or activities will be determined based on Iowa Public Health and Local Public Health Guidance and recommendations
- If an event or activity is for dependents (those under 18) and the dependents will not be able to socially distance and masks will not be required, guardians should be informed prior to the event.
- During an event or activity, all attendees shall avoid personal contact (including, but not limited to, hand shakes, hugs, etc.) and no food or drink shall be served or brought to be shared unless it is pre-packaged.
- Elders request we follow these guidelines until such time as local health officials rescind these type of recommendations.
Be assured, our staff and volunteer leaders are hard at work in creative ways to minister in this uncertain time.
- Kids/Youth/Adult Classes - Reconvene at church Sunday, October 4, at 9:30 a.m.
- Life Groups - Meeting in-person and via Zoom. Contact the office if you'd like to join a life group.
- To stay up to date with other current events sign up for our weekly newsletters.
CrossWinds Church relies on the generosity of our people to live out our mission day in and day out. To continue participating in the mission and vision of CrossWinds, see below for different methods of giving.
- Website: Visit our giving page to give through Realm
- Texting: Text "crosswinds" to code 73256
- Mail: Make checks payable to CrossWinds Church and mail to 2805 Erie Ave., Spirit Lake, IA 51360
As we seek to love our neighbors and pursue their good, please consider ways that you can love and serve others. Here is a printable PDF for you to Love your Neighbor.
We are asking that families consider making a meal or two (or three) now and store it at their home for delivery at a later date as needed for families that may be burdened at this time. For packaging tips from our CrossWinds' women click here.
Stay tuned for Updates
For the latest COVID-19 information, we encourage you to go to crosswinds.tv. Across the top of the home page you will see a red banner. Clicking that banner will bring you to the latest COVID-19 information and response information at CrossWinds.
Updated: Thursday, October 1 at 7 p.m.