When God Seems Silent in the Face of Evil
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Malachi 2:17–3:5
Does life ever seem unfair? Do you ever wonder why God allows you to go through hardship while others seem to face no struggles? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds in Spencer as we look at God's response from the book of Malachi.
Sermon Discussion Questions
- What is one thing highlight from the sermon and one question that you had after hearing the sermon?
- Read Malachi 2:17; Jeremiah 12:1; Habakkuk 1:2. How are these passages similar? In what ways are they different? What can we learn from the similarities and differences?
- Read Malachi 3:1–4. What does it mean that Jesus “refines” us? What are some of the ways he refines his people? Why is refinement often painful? (cf. Hebrews 12:7–11)
- Reflect on a season of suffering or difficulty in your life, whether in the past or right now. How was God at work in that time to refine you?
- What is one thing you can do this week to live out a trust in God even when he seems silent?