Five Ways to Refresh the Hearts of the Saints
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Scripture: Philemon 1:1–1:25
Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we look at five ways that you can be a refreshing Christian to everyone with which you come into contact.
- What comes to mind when you hear the word “refresh”? Share an example with the group of someone who you feel “refreshes the hearts of the saints”.
- Read Philemon 2, 22. One of the ways that Philemon refreshes the hearts of the saints is through hospitality. What is hospitality? What are some common misconceptions about hospitality? How do these contrast with the biblical definition? What is one commitment that you/your family can make to adopt a mindset of hospitality?
- Read Philemon 4–5. What are some ways that modeling our faith and love for Jesus and others refreshes the hearts of the saints? What is one commitment that you/your family can make to model faith and love to others?
- Read Philemon 6. What role does the Word of Life play in encouraging others? What is one commitment that you/your family can make to model this form of encouragement to others?
- Read Philemon 15–16; Micah 6:8. What does it mean to seek justice? How does the pursuit of justice refresh the hearts of the saints? What are some areas of justice that you can pursue?
- Read Philemon 21. Paul asks Philemon to model a heart of public repentance. How does repentance refresh the hearts of the saints? What is a way you can make repentance a part of your life’s rhythm?
More in Philemon | Forgiveness
January 14, 2018Philemon and Onesimus