Clothed with Christ in the Family
Topic: Sunday Morning Teaching Passage: Colossians 3:18–3:21
How can we live out the character of Christ in the family? Join us this Sunday at CrossWinds Church in Spencer as we continue our journey through Colossians.
Sermon Discussion Questions
- Read Colossians 3:18–19. How would you describe the Bible’s view of a healthy marriage? Is this different than what our culture says?
- Read Colossians 3:18; Philippians 2:5–8. What is “submission,” according to the Bible? How does Jesus model submission for us? Do you find this description helpful?
- Read Colossians 3:19; Ephesians 5:25. What does it mean for a husband to “love” his wife? Is this different from traditional understandings of love?
- Read Colossians 3:20; Exodus 20:5. Why does God want children to obey their parents?
- Read Colossians 3:21. Share an example of what it means for parents to “provoke” their children.
- What are some good way for parents to encourage their children to hope and trust in God at different ages?
- Imagine a couple have just had their first child and they come to you for advice on having a “Christian family”. Based on these verses, what would you say?
- If applicable, take some time to plan out how you can encourage your children to hope and trust in God.
More in Colossians | All About Jesus
January 7, 2018Clothed with Christ Here and Now
December 17, 2017Clothed with Christ in the Workplace
December 3, 2017Vivification: Reflecting Christ in the Christian Community