- 1949: CrossWinds Church began under the name of Faith Church in Spirit Lake. It was founded as a church committed to the Bible, missions and children/youth ministry.
- 1956: The church voted to affiliate with the Evangelical Free Church of America denomination.
- 1973: The church relocated from 15th street in Spirit Lake to the corner of 28th Street and Erie Avenue in Spirit Lake and built the first sanctuary.
Multi-campus ministry was explored as a way to better reach our region. The stage, lighting and video capabilities were upgraded to enable Internet streaming and video campuses.
- 2013: The congregation voted to become a multi-campus church.
- 2014: CrossWinds voted to change its name from Faith Church to CrossWinds Church to have a unique name in our region. The first campus in Spencer was opened.